Sunday, April 3, 2011

April 2011:Going Green

I have always wanted to specialize in "green" design but somehow I am dismissed by my impression that going green can be limiting to the design or it could compromise the aesthetics of the design, besides the fact that it can be rather more expensive than taking the usual route. But all of these hesitations in my head are just theories, so for this month, I am challenging myself by learning more about green and sustainable design. I am sure that there are available materials that designers can use that doesn't mean having to compromise design. With that, I will be featuring some eco-friendly products that designers and homeowners can choose from, just so we can have options besides using the regular ones.

For our designer's spotlight, I will be featuring the music studio of a very talented electronic artist which he and his interior designer wife designed. A look at the first eco-friendly Starbucks in Taguig city shall be our interior design feature for the "going green" theme of April. As for sustainable design, I will be compiling some very practical tips on designing for a green environment.

I know it's a cliche, but we really have to do our part in taking care of our planet. Being aware of the possibilities that we can do as designers  in lessening our carbon footprint is already winning half the battle. To reach the ultimate goal, all we have to do is to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment